Glenwood Complete Streets project open house
Thursday, March 22, 2018 | 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
In the Glenwood Lakes Area Chamber & Welcome Center Conference & Community Room
7 First Street NW, Glenwood, MN 56334
The public is invited to attend a Glenwood Complete Street project information session. Project staff will be available to answer project-related questions. Learn more about the project time lines, staging and detour plans. The session will be an open house format. Participants are invited to come and go as they please. There will not be a formal presentation.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 1-800-657-3774.
To sign up for project updates or to learn more about the project, visit mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood
2018 Glenwood Complete Streets project
The Minnesota Department of Transportation, Pope County and the city of Glenwood are partnering on a resurfacing and reconstruction project on Highways 28, 29 and 104 in Glenwood this summer. The project will address pavement concerns, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) requirements, traffic flow, utility needs and boulevard improvements.
Portions of Glenwood will be under construction from early spring through the summer. Be safe when traveling through a work zone. Follow these safe driving tips:
• For your safety, and ours, expect work zones to change.
• There can be closures or lane shift changes on a daily basis.
• Stay off your cell phone and other mobile devices.
• Stay alert, especially when driving at night.
• Be patient and expect delays.
• Watch for workers and construction vehicles.
• Never enter an area that has been blocked by cones or a barricade.
Open for Business
Glenwood businesses will remain open during construction. Access will be maintained to local businesses and residences, follow the directional signs.
Detour routes will change during construction. View the project website to see the current construction schedule and detour route during your visit.
Visit the project website to learn more. mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood
When completed, this project will provide:
• A smoother road surface
• Improved pedestrian accessibilityincluding upgraded curb ramps and sidewalks
• Water, sewer, storm sewer and lighting upgrades
• Flood mitigation on Highway 28 near the Pope County Fairgrounds
Tom Pace | MnDOT Project Manager | 218-846-3627
Brad Cegla | MnDOT Construction Project Manager | 320-208-7007
To sign up to receive project updates by email, visit the project website at mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood