Intersection to close on Tuesday
Motorists should watch for a traffic switch on Tuesday, May 1, when the detour of Highway 104 and 1st Avenue begins. The detour will follow 2nd Avenue and 1st Street East, west on Highway 104, then along Highway 28 back to the intersection of Highways 104 and 28.
Crews will be installing new sewer and water mains, new storm sewer throughout the intersection, updated sidewalks and pedestrian crossings and a fresh coat of pavement.
The anticipated duration of this detour will be approximately two weeks, weather permitting.
MnDOT asks motorists to slow down and pay attention while driving in, and near, work zones.
When a road is closed, it is illegal to drive around or remove cones, barrels or other barricades. Motorists can be fined up to $1,000 and/or 90 days in jail.
Watch for MnDOT’s new “Project Updates” tab for easy access to updated information on the Complete Streets Project! mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood
2018 Glenwood Complete Streets project
The Minnesota Department of Transportation, Pope County and the city of Glenwood are partnering on a resurfacing and reconstruction project on Highways 28, 29 and 104 in Glenwood this summer. The project will address pavement concerns, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) requirements, traffic flow, utility needs and boulevard improvements.
Portions of Glenwood will be under construction from early spring through the summer. Be safe when traveling through a work zone. Follow these safe driving tips:
• For your safety, and ours, expect work zones to change.
• There can be closures or lane shift changes on a daily basis.
• Stay off your cell phone and other mobile devices.
• Stay alert, especially when driving at night.
• Be patient and expect delays.
• Watch for workers and construction vehicles.
• Never enter an area that has been blocked by cones or a barricade.
Open for Business
Glenwood businesses will remain open during construction. Access will be maintained to local businesses and residences, follow the directional signs.
Detour routes will change during construction. View the project website to see the current construction schedule and detour route during your visit.
Visit the project website to learn more. mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood
When completed, this project will provide:
• A smoother road surface
• Improved pedestrian accessibilityincluding upgraded curb ramps and sidewalks
• Water, sewer, storm sewer and lighting upgrades
• Flood mitigation on Highway 28 near the Pope County Fairgrounds
Tom Pace | MnDOT Project Manager | 218-846-3627
Brad Cegla | MnDOT Construction Project Manager | 320-208-7007
To sign up to receive project updates by email, visit the project website at mndot.gov/d4/projects/glenwood