STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF POPE
IN DISTRICT COURT
EIGHTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No. 61-CV-19-429
Quiet Title Action ___________________________
Stephen R. Klick, as Trustee of the Amended and Restated Revocable Trust Agreement of Stephen R. Klick dated December 20, 2012, Plaintiffs,
State of Minnesota, Herman Larson, Olaus Olson, Mons Larson, Gunder Nelson, Iver Olson Ronning a/k/a Iver Olsen Ronning, H. Johnshoy a/k/a Hans Johnshoy, Mary Johnshoy, Hans Nelson, Ragnhild Olson, Carl O Ronning, Edwin A. Grove, Lena O. Grove, Irvine H. Ronning, Roy C. Ronning, Olaus Disrud, Johanna Disrud a/k/a Joanna O. Disrud, Ole Disrud a/k/a Ole J. Disrud, Ida Gandrud, Mabel Anderson, Gertie Johnson, Amanda Nesland, Hazel Billehus, Alma Anondson, Joseph O. Grove, Edward A. Grove, Jerome D. Grove, Julius O. Grove, Lena Brendal, John M. Brendal, Rawland I. Grove, Edward A. Grove, Jr., Gretchen Breske, Janet Hill, Joey Davie, Carmen P. Grove, Jean Grove Audus, Jerome Jay Grove, Jeffrey A. Davie, Jerome Jay Grove, as Trustee of the Jerome Jay Grove 2019 Trust, dated March 7, 2019, and all other persons known or unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herin.
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs’ Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court, and there may be no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons at 14 S. Franklin St., Glenwood, MN 56334.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer, you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternate means of resolving this dispute.
7. This lawsuit may affect or bring into question title to real property located in Pope County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
The West 663.64 feet of Government Lot 7, Section 11, Township 124 North, Range 38 West.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS
MINNESOTA STATUTE §543.22 REQUIRES US TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A STATEMENT CONTAINING INFORMATION ABOUT ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESSES AS SET FORTH IN MINNESOTA GENERAL RULES OF PRACTICE (MGRP). PARTIES TO A CIVIL ACTION ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEMPT ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PURSUANT TO MINNESOTA LAW. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION INCLUDES MEDIATION, ARBITRATION, AND OTHER PROCESSES AS SET FORTH IN THE DISTRICT COURT RULES. YOU MAY CONTACT THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR ABOUT RESOURCES IN YOUR AREA. IF YOU CANNOT PAY FOR MEDIATION OR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION, IN SOME COUNTIES, ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH A NONPROFIT PROVIDER OR A COURT PROGRAM.
Dated this 11th day of October, 2019.
JEFFREY KUHN LAW OFFICE, LTD.
BY: Jeffrey D. Kuhn #58907
Attorney for the Plaintiff
14 S. Franklin Street
Glenwood, Minnesota 56334
Phone (320) 634-4584
Oct. 28, Nov. 4, 11