STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF POPE
IN DISTRICT COURT
EIGHTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
COURT FILE NO. 61-CV-20-133
– QUIET TITLE ACTION –
AND JOHN HAWKES,
THE ST. PAUL AND CHICAGO RAILWAY COMPANY; LEAH HARMON; FRANK E. HARMON; JACOB HARMON; MARY E. HIGGINS; W.P. HARMON, AKA WILLIAM P. HARMON; M.W. HIGGINS IDA M. HARMON; AMBROSE WOODHALL; ALJENA WOODHALL; GEORGE WALTER HARMON; CHARLES ALEXANDER; EFFIE ALEXANDER; H.C. SCHROEDER; ROSA M. SCHROEDER; FRED H. SCHROEDER; WARNER A. SCHROEDER; ELLA SCHROEDER, AKA ELLA M. TYE; LINDA SCHROEDER, AKA LINDA L. ZEMKE; VIOLA SCHROEDER; HENRY HESS; MAUDE HESS, AKA MAUD HESS; PAUL SCHLUTER; E.F. SCHLUTER; ELSA H. SCHLUTER; E. A. GANDRUD; W. C. RODGERS; BELLA RODGERS; ADA GANDRUD; ALLEN M. HESS; CARL HUGO CARLSTEDT; HAROLD R. WOLF; MABEL WOLF; HELEN V. KUEHL; HUGO KUEHL; NORBERT PONTO; ESTHER PONTO; GLENN W. KRAMER; SCOTT L. HARRIS; BARBARA A. HARRIS; QUENTIN J. SCHMITZ; BEVERLY E. SCHMITZ; CLIFFORD T. BAKKO; PHYLISS L. BAKKO; PINE POINT PROPERTIES, INC.; HARLAN LAABS AND LEONA LAABS, INDIVIDUALLY AND AS TRUSTEES OF THE HARLAN LAABS TRUST DATED APRIL 24, 2005 AND AS TRUSTEES OF THE LEONA LAABS TRUST DATED APRIL 24, 2005; JAMES P. CASHMAN; MARILYN S. CASHMAN; PISITH KEO; CHRISTINA K. KEO, also the unknown heirs of the above-named Defendants, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THE STATE OF MINNESOTA TO THE ABOVE-NAMED DEFENDANTS:
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs’ Complaint against you is attached to this Summons. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not be filed with the Court, and there may be no Court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons at 605 S Lakeshore Dr., Glenwood, MN 56334.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs’ Complaint. In your Answer, you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs’ should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs’ everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest to the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A Default Judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternate means of resolving this dispute.
7. This lawsuit may affect or bring into question title to real property located in Pope County, Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 5, that part of Lot 6, and that part of Plat of Sedanville lying southerly of said Lot 5 and said part of Lot 6, all within Plat of Sedanville, according to the recorded plat thereof on file and of record in the office of the Pope County Recorder and that part of Government Lot 1, Section 27, Township 125 North, Range 36 West, Pope County, Minnesota, all described as follows:
Commencing at the northwest corner of said Plat of Sedanville (said point being the southeast corner of the Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of said Section 27);
thence North 70 degrees 21 minutes 00 seconds East, along the northerly line of said Plat of Sedanville, 62.83 feet (the south line of said Northwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter is assigned a bearing of North 89 degrees 44 minutes 04 seconds West);
thence South 32 degrees 00 minutes 04 seconds East 34.00 feet to the monumented northwest most corner of said Lot 5, and this being the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence North 70 degrees 06 minutes 40 seconds East, along the northerly line of said Lot 5, a distance of 51.22 feet to the northwest most corner of said Lot 6;
thence North 70 degrees 21 minutes 00 seconds East, along the northerly line of said Lot 6, a distance of 2.05 feet to the northeasterly line of the southwesterly 2.00 feet of said Lot 6;
thence South 31 degrees 59 minutes 25 seconds East, along said northeasterly line and along the southeasterly extension of said northeasterly line, 327 feet more of less to the waterline of Grove Lake;
thence southwesterly, along said waterline, 52 feet more or less to the intersection of the southwesterly line of said Lot 5 extended southeasterly, said line bears South 32 degrees 00 minutes 04 seconds East from said point of beginning;
thence North 32 degrees 00 minutes 04 seconds West, along said southeasterly extension and along said southwesterly line of Lot 5, a distance of 342 feet more or less to the point of beginning.
EXCEPTING THEREFROM that part of Oak Street as shown on said Plat of Sedanville.
Dated this 7th day of April, 2020.
OBENLAND & NELSON
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
605 South Lakeshore Drive,
Glenwood, Minnesota 56334
By: /s/ Bruce D. Obenland
Bruce D. Obenland, #8038X
June 29, July 6, 13