STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF POPE
IN DISTRICT COURT
EIGHTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Court File No: 61-CV-21-94
Case Type: Other Civil (14)
Rocky Mountain Sportsmen, Inc, a/k/a Rock Mountain Sportsman Club, and a/k/a Rocky Mountain Sportsman Club, a corporation organized and existing as a non-profit corporation under Chapter 317A of the laws of Minnesota,
Kenneth D. Visser, Diane R. Visser, the unknown heirs of Lois Visser, a/k/a Lois R. Visser, the unknown heirs of Kenneth J. Visser, and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest, or lien in the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS ABOVE-NAMED.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff’s Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at: Mark F. Uphus, 310 Main Street East P.O. Box 158, Melrose, MN 56352.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff’s Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Pope County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Government Lot One (1) of Section Thirty-four (34), Township One Hundred Twenty-three (123), Range Thirty-six (36), Pope County, Minnesota,
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that plaintiff is the sole and exclusive owner in fee of the property described above and that the defendants, and each of them, have no right, title, estate, interest or lien in or upon the said real estate.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN NO PERSONAL CLAIM IS MADE BY PLAINTIFF AGAINST ANY OF THE DEFENDANTS.
Dated: March 4, 2021
/s/ Mark F. Uphus
Mark F. Uphus, MN Atty.
Reg. # 141136
310 Main Street East, P.O. Box 158
Melrose, MN 56352
ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF
March 29, April 5, 12