NOTICE OF MAIL BALLOT PROCEDURES
TO VOTERS OF: BANGOR TOWNSHIP, BARSNESS TOWNSHIP, BEN WADE TOWNSHIP, CHIPPEWA FALLS TOWNSHIP, GILCHRIST TOWNSHIP, HOFF TOWNSHIP, LAKE JOHANNA TOWNSHIP, LANGHEI TOWNSHIP, NEW PRAIRIE TOWNSHIP, WHITE BEAR LAKE TOWNSHIP, CITY OF CYRUS, CITY OF FARWELL, CITY OF LONG BEACH, CITY OF SEDAN, CITY OF VILLARD, CITY OF WESTPORT
POPE COUNTY, MINNESOTA
1. The following precincts located in Pope County have elected to vote by mail ballot procedure in statewide
elections as authorized under Minnesota Statutes 204B.45. All other precincts vote at their designated
polling places on Election Day.
Bangor Township City of Cyrus
Barsness Township City of Farwell
Ben Wade Township City of Long Beach
Chippewa Falls Township City of Sedan
Gilchrist Township City of Villard
Hoff Township City of Westport
Lake Johanna Township
New Prairie Township
White Bear Lake Township
2. For 2022 statewide elections, the election dates and the corresponding dates that ballots will be mailed to
all registered voters in mail ballot precincts are:
Statewide Primary Election: August 9, 2022
Ballot Mailing Dates: June 24 – July 26, 2022
Statewide General Election: November 8, 2022
Ballot Mailing Dates: September 23 – October 25, 2022
Each voter registered by July 19, 2022, for the Statewide Primary Election, and/or October 18, 2022, for the
Statewide General Election will be mailed a ballot automatically.
3. Eligible voters not pre-registered by the dates noted, or pre-registered voters wishing to receive their ballot
at a temporary address, may contact the Pope County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office by phone, mail or in
person for an absentee ballot application.
4. All ballots may be returned by mail (a postage prepaid return envelope is included when the ballots are
mailed), be delivered in person, or delivered by a designated agent to:
Pope County Auditor Treasurer
130 E Minnesota Avenue, Suite 218
Glenwood, MN 56334
Ballots must be received no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted. Normal business
hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
5. In additional to the normal business hours, extended hours for mail ballot voting are:
Statewide Primary Election: Saturday, August 6, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.;
Monday, August 8, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Statewide General Election: Saturday, November 5, 2022, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.;
Monday, November 7, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
6. The polling place for this election will be at the Pope County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office.
The polls will be open:
Statewide Primary Election: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Statewide General Election: Tuesday, November 8, 2022, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
At least one assistive voting device will be available at the polling place that permits persons with disabilities
to vote privately and independently, and that permits any voter to submit their ballot to be automatically
checked and corrected for voting errors prior to being cast and counted.
7. All mail ballots will be counted at the Pope County Courthouse after 8:00 p.m. on the respective election
Additional information is available by contacting the Pope County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office,
130 E Minnesota Avenue, Glenwood, MN 56334, 320-634-7706 or email@example.com.
/s/ Stephanie Rust 5-15-22
Stephanie Rust Date
Pope County Auditor-Treasurer