NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
This is to notify the public that the regular meeting of the Pope County Board of Adjustment will take place on Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 beginning at or about 6:00 pm or shortly thereafter in the Pope County Courthouse to consider the following agenda items:
• Review meeting minutes from August 25th, 2022 BOA meeting.
• New Business
º Variance hearing on the application by Stephanie Howe & Randy Hagen, if granted would allow applicants to locate accessory structure at less than the minimum setback standard of 30 feet from the top of the bluff in a Shoreland-General Development (S-GD) zoning district per Section 4.2.4.C. of the Pope County Land Use Controls Ordinance. Parcel is described as: Lot 4, First Addition to Minnewaska View, Section 31, Township 125 (Glenwood), Range 38, Pope County, Minnesota.
º Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held to receive comments regarding the application for relief from the top of bluff setback.
º Variance hearing on the application by Michael Roggeman on behalf of Kenton Anderson, if granted would allow applicant to construct a non-farm residence resulting in more than one non-farm residence in the same quarter section (160 acres) in an Agriculture Protection (A-2) zoning district where one non-farm residential structure within any quarter section (160 acres) is the standard per section 7.3.K. of the Pope County Land Use Controls Ordinance. Parcel is described as being located in: The Northeast Quarter (NE¼) of the Southeast Quarter (SE¼) and part of the Southeast Quarter (SE¼) of the Southeast Quarter (SE¼), Section 31, Township 123 (Lake Johanna), Range 36, Pope County, Minnesota.
º Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held to receive comments regarding the application for relief from the non-farm residential density standard.
Public participation by interested parties and citizens will include an opportunity to:
1) submit written concerns and comment prior to the scheduled meeting; All such communications will be shared with the Board of Adjustment prior to or during the meeting;
2) submit concerns and comments via Pope County’s Public Comment web map (https://popecounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=22a203912a864a77b4cdabe672e35e3f);
3) to review the staff prepared report via Pope County website;
4) observe and/or participate in the proceedings of the Board of Adjustment meeting.
FOR LEGAL PUBLICATION
David J. Green, Director
Pope County Land & Resource