NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
This is to notify the public that the regular meeting of the Pope County Board of Adjustment will take place on Thursday, May 25th 2023 beginning at or about 6:00 pm or shortly thereafter in the Pope County Courthouse to consider the following agenda items:
• Review meeting minutes from April 27th, 2023 BOA meeting.
• New Business
o Variance hearing on the application by Jon Jacobson, if granted would allow applicant to reconstruct and expand existing garage at a reduced setback from the side yard line and the road right-of-way, where 10 feet and 40 feet are the minimum setback standards respectively, in a Shoreland-Recreational Development (S-RD) zoning district per section 4.3.4.D. and 4.3.4.G. of the Pope County Land Use Controls Ordinance. Parcel is described as: Lots 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the Wilcox Park Addition to Twin Lakes Beach, Section 24, Township 126 (Leven), Range 37, Pope County, Minnesota.
o Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held to receive comments regarding the application for relief from the side yard and road right-of-way setbacks.
o Variance hearing on the application by Blake and Clint Carlson, if granted would allow applicants to locate septic tank at a reduced setback from the road right-of-way, where 10 feet is the minimum setback standard, in a Shoreland-General Development (S-GD) zoning district per section 10.20, subdivision 3, subsection 3.30 of the Pope County Land Use Controls Ordinance. Parcel is described as: Lot 8 and part of Lot 9, Canal Cove, Section 26, Township 125 (Glenwood), Range 38, Pope County, Minnesota.
o Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held to receive comments regarding the application for relief from the road right-of-way setback.
Public participation by interested parties and citizens will include an opportunity to:
1) submit written concerns and comment prior to the scheduled meeting; All such communications will be shared with the Board of Adjustment prior to or during the meeting;
2) submit concerns and comments via Pope County’s Public Comment web map (https://popecounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=22a203912a864a77b4cdabe672e35e3f);
3) to review the staff prepared report via Pope County website;
4) observe and/or participate in the proceedings of the Board of Adjustment meeting.
FOR LEGAL PUBLICATION
David J. Green, Director
Pope County Land & Resource